Ministry has no information available on the loans given to the absconding Vijay Mallya , said by Finance Ministry of India.
The finance ministry has told the Central Information Commission (CIC) that it does not have any information regard the loans given to businessman Vijay Mallya, prompting the transparency panel to remark that the response was “vague and not sustainable as per law”.
Transparency panel headed by RK Mathur said to the ministry to move the RTI application to the relevant public authority that actually held the information within five days.
Finance Ministry said the sought information might be available with banks concerned or Reserve Bank of India
Finance on Wednesday told the CIC (Central Information Commission) that it does not have any information about the loan amounts given to Mallya.
The chief public information officer (CPIO) of the finance ministry further stated hat the said information sought by Khare might be available with the banks concerned or Reserve Bank of India.
After hearing the response, RK Mathur , the transparency panel head directed the ministry to move the RTI application to the relevant public authority that actually held the information within five days. He demanded swift movement of the RTI to another authority so that a response can be taken in 30 days.
How to file RTI in Banks for loan related matters ?
Steps for writing the RTI application against Bank
1. Write an application on a plane paper .
2. Put the address and branch name of your Bank
3. Write down all the other details like name, address, email, phone and other details if any.
4. Put the information required in body of application. Make sure the question is brief and too the point.
5. Buy a postal order for Rs 10 , favoring to CPIO, Branch name, address (this you need to fill yourself).
6. Make sure you write the postal order number in the RTI letter, change it with your order number.
7. Take a print out and send the RTI letter via registered post or Speed post to the same address as Bank branch.
8. Wait for next 30-40 days for the reply and if you dont get it , escalate it further !
When to use RTI against PSU bank ?
When the bank is not giving you correct information about your home loan related items like interest rates, prepayment, documentation issues.
When you are not satisfied by bank behaviour, its service, the terms and conditions etc
When bank asks you some unjustified things like opening a FD for locker, buying some policy before locker can be opened !
When you feel that bank has done something against their own terms and conditions and is not entertaining you.
When you need any information from bank which you cant get directly !